Monday, December 03, 2007

Wreath for Christmas. . .

Each year at my church, the ladies go and gather greens from people's trees that need a trimming and then make wreaths. I made myself one, just a teensy different than last years and then had time to make another one because I had extra forms I had donated to help clear out my storage. It smells so good!

The second one, I used a smaller piece of ribbon that was available and it made a bow with no long streamers. It has music notes and poinsettias on it. The wreath greens had three pine cones on them but it still needed something. I was giving it to a neighbor so found some old red ornaments that I didn't want anymore and added them to brighten it up a little.

4 comments:

Love Bears All Things said...

Both of your wreaths are pretty. When I was growing up, we always decorated with greens from the woods, pine cones and sweet gum balls. Later found out I was allergic to cedar and pine when they begin to dry so switched to artificial. I have no sense of smell so couldn't smell them now anyway.
I'm glad you finally got my emails.
Mama Bear

dot said...

They are both pretty but I like the second one best.

Jenny McB said...

How pretty both are! I was hoping to buy one from one of the fundraisers around here, but didn't have anyone approach me. Guess I have to pick one up this week.

The fall wreath on the door just isn't cutting it right now with all our snow.

Kerri Farley said...

Oh Paulie, i love these wreaths! They are beautiful!