Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Sunsets I have known. . .

Patricia over atPollywog Creek has a meme about sunrises and sunsets. I think somewhere I have some sunrises but not on this computer. I had a hard time choosing just one so I decided to post several out of the 39 I found! Ü

Of course it all depends on whether or not blogger is working tonight. Well, it took two days to get these up. I wanted to share two more but I give up!

I like all of them for different reasons but my favorite is the one with the dark reds that seems to be bursting through the sky OR the one of the statue in silhouette. Most were taken on the Columbia River that separates Washington from Oregon or just around town here.











6 comments:

dot said...

What a bunch of beautiful pictures! It would be hard to pick a favorite.

Katney said...

All in all, I think the most amazing thing about sunsets is how much they are all alike, yet how much they are all so different.

I like the red one. To me, sunsets have to be red--except the ones that aren't.

I have some great sunrises and sunsets from our cruise.

Do you compress your photo files before uploading them? If I forget to compress mine it takes forever and sometimes bogs down completely. I wonder if the size of your files might be part of your problem with Blogger. There is a long story about how I learned about file sizes and compressing files, but we certainly don't want to go into it.

Patricia said...

Very lovely, Paulie. I'm so glad you participated. Thank you. I think my favorite ones are the ones over the water.

I haven't had any problem uploading photos with blogger, but most of the time I get them out of my flickr account. You might want to consider using something like flickr for the photos you put in your blog to see if that makes it easier.

Dick said...

Wow..great photos, it would have been a good skywatch too.

Love Bears All Things said...

The sunsets are beautiful. I like the ones over water best.
Mama Bear

Anonymous said...

Those are really lovely sunsets. I was here for Sky Watch Friday but saw these sunsets and I had to comment on how beautiful they were. Thanks for sharing.