Sunday, December 30, 2007

Blog Your Blessings Sunday #12


Go here if you would like to participate: Blue Panther

Well, I think it is appropriate to ponder on my blessings in 2007 for today's post since it will be the last posting for this group in 2007. Happy New Year to all fellow bloggers and may you realize and thank God for the blessings you receive daily.
HEALTH
Last year at this time, I had gone to the emergency room -- not once but twice! Through all those tests, no one could determine what was the matter with me. Eventually, I found a doctor who thought I might be having trouble with my blood pressure so I am on meds for it and I haven't felt any pains like took me to the hospital in the first place. Since I take one pill (two meds in one) daily, I have taken more meds in the past year than my whole life and I am no spring chicken. So my blessing here is that I am still breathing and have affordable meds available to keep me in check.
HOME
The next big blessing is that I have a place to live and am warm inside, unlike many homeless people which I might have become if God hadn't led me to this affordable housing unit.
FRIENDS
Good, faithful friends who are there for me no matter what are certainly on this list of blessings. I hope they value my friendship also. This includes those who live near and far and ones I have never met but know from blogging online.
WEATHER
The snow we had to begin this year and the recent teases of snow so far to end it. I LOVE SNOW! To me it is a blessing whether I am shoveling someone's driveway, playing in it or taking photos.
NATURE--GOD'S POSTCARDS
The blessings in the beauty of nature that provides postcards for me and my blog when I go for my walks are definitely on this list

I am sure there are a multitude of blessings that I could list individually but my focus today is on these. I pray that I will be blessed with them in the coming year. That is also my wish for my blogger friends: good health, warm homes, friends,weather they want or need, and enough opportunities for the thing they enjoy most of all

10 comments:

dot said...

Nice post. We should all count our blessings more often.

Kimberli Lengning said...

This is a good idea. It always helps to have a list. I will do that too!

:-)K

DoubleDeckerBusGuy said...

Last week I did a blessing that I was simply "blessed" many times over... but really didn't get into specifics... and you know what, like another "commenter" said here... perhaps we SHOULD sit down... all of us... and write a list of retrospective blessings. That way, when we're down and out, we can refer to it to remind ourselves that there is much to be thankful for.

SandyCarlson said...

These are wonderful blessings. May you know every blessing in the coming year. Thank for being a blessing, too. Your site is a source of inspiration and insight, and you have enriched my life.

Happy New Year.

Anonymous said...

Paulie, I loved reading your recent post. I just wanted to let you know that I had stopped by. I'm wishing you a very blessed 2008! (Cat, from T-Net)

CyberCelt said...

Great post, paulie! I like the retrospective slant. My life looks better this way! LOL

May you live as long as you want,
And never want as long as you live.

Whatever said...

I like that idea --- gather together all your BYBS entries onto one page --- BYBS for 2007 :-)

Blue Panther said...

Those are great blessings. And I am glald that you had a good year 2007.

Wishing all the very best for you in 2008.

Love Bears All Things said...

These are blessings indeed!
You are one more wonderful blessing I recieved in 2007. I don't remember just when it happened but I enjoy having you in my life.
Mama Bear

Jenny McB said...

Paulie,
I am back to blogging after a busy week and glad to read this post of yours.
It's so easy to look at the negative and you don't! Hope you have a very happy 2008 and if I could ship some snow to you, I surely would.

I will have to post a few pictures of the humongous amount that we have here!