Saturday, December 22, 2007

My new plants. . .

I ran into Fred Meyer's to look for a gravy mix for Christmas. . . to go with my roast. Paid for it and was walking out with the roast from Butcher Block and the gravy mix. THEN, I saw it!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been looking for a starter Christmas cactus ever since a room mate this summer dumped my plant stand and broke the one I had growing from Myrl's plant. I was just sick about it as it had taken me 4 years to get that big.

This cactus was already blooming even tho it was small! I hope I can take good care of it so that it can grow like Myrl's very old plant or like Sami's. . .

I also saw another plant there that was unusual and I had to investigate. It had white flowers blooming already. It is called White Star. Of course I had to have that too! I splurged and bought me them for Christmas.

When I got home, I repotted the Christmas cactus because I had a little bit of potting soil and some new pots I had bought earlier in the year. There wasn't enough to repot the other one but that is okay because it is a bulb and dies in about three months and re-grows again in the spring, or so the card says.I just put the pot and all in another new flower pot for that one temporarily.

I am sure going to enjoy these plants. . .

6 comments:

dot said...

Hope you enjoy your new plants. I always kill mine!
Merry Christmas Paulie!

Patricia said...

Lovely new flowers, Paulie. I don't have a single Christmas flower in my house this year. I'm really slipping! Thank you, dear friend, for stopping by Pollywog Creek to comment on my Photo Hunt.

SandyCarlson said...

Merry Christmas! Good luck with the plant.

Lynette said...

Beautiful holiday plants, Paulie. In whatever way you celebrate the season, may your days be filled with joyous moments to remember.

Love Bears All Things said...

I have never seen a plant like the white star one. I think you did well to buy them. Your Christmas Cactus might open yet.

Thanks for stopping by my place. I enjoyed visiting with my Brother and sisters & the rest. It was a little sad still to have our parents gone but we felt their presence there. My Brother and his wife had made each of us girls a photo from some old ones we found when we cleared the house. I'll blog about it.
I got the snowman from Mary's writing nook, I think.
Mama Bear

Kerri Farley said...

I love the Christmas Cactus....reminds me on one we had when I was a young'un.