Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas snow. . . briefly

Looking out my 8th floor window while using my computer, it started snowing big flakes! I decided it was time to go visit Myrl as I might have to shovel her driveway first if I was lucky! Ü The big flakes hit the bus windshield and were so pretty! Even the dispatcher at C-tran got in the spirit and piped "White Christmas" over the radio for us. I was really enjoying myself! It is the first snow on Christmas Day since I moved here in 1985. It lasted one hour and ten minutes and nothing stuck on the streets which was good for drivers, I guess. These are the pitiful photos I got. Hopefully, we will get more snow here in the valley this winter. It is supposed to have snow flurries for several more days but who knows.




8 comments:

Rune Eide said...

Pictures full of the kind of sentiment that the first snow always brings to mind. I especially liked the first one with the tracks leading into the distance. A mixture of peacefulness and thought...

Thank you for your own kind words!

dot said...

Wow! I can't imagine a white Christmas. It was pretty even if it wasn't much.

Love Bears All Things said...

Well, at least you saw the first snowfall. We seldom get much more than that.
I'm so happy you were able to see family over the holidays.
We've had a good celebration with extended family and are back home now. Tomorrow, I'll try to do some laundry, unpacking and putting away. Right now it is good to be back. I'm looking forward to a night in my own bed.
Maybe I'll get back to blogging in a couple of days.
Mama Bear

Anonymous said...

We had a beautiful snowy Christmas...the most in 100 years I heard. Even a little bit is wonderful though as evidenced by your photos.

Anonymous said...

Paulie, I was visiting your blog and saw your photo titled "wall of leaves"... It is amazingly beautiful. Thank you for sharing your interesting life and your many talents. You are a blessing to many, especially me.
GRITS

Cindi said...

Paulie, I didn't know you had a blog. Now I can look at your pictures anytime I want! Thanks for mentioning it at t.net, otherwise I never would have found it!

Praline said...

I enjoyed reading your blog. Your sunset pictures are SO beautiful.
I also enjoy reading Diana Mott Davidson's books. I have not read the last two. I have not really felt like reading for a while. I think I am ready to get back into it. I will have to look up her books at the library.
Praline

Debbie365 said...

Oh, a White Christmas! The only way I get one of those is if I get confectioner's sugar all over the kitchen while making Christmas goodies! Ha!