Saturday, December 01, 2007

And the rest of my SKY photos. . . and a meme at the bottom












****************************************************************************

I saw this meme over on Bears in Exile and decided I could answer it so am sharing it with my already uploaded photos for Saturday:
1. Christmas is GRACE. [fill in the blank with ONE WORD]

2. In memories, what was the best part of your Christmases past? when we went to midnight church services and came out and it had started snowing.

3. Was Santa ever good to you? [describe how and what always -- I never once got a lump of coal

4. Do you open gifts on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, or both? well we always went to Midnight church services on Christmas Eve first and by time as we got home it was Christmas day ---- so BOTH

5. Is there something you make each and every year? [craft or recipe] I always make fudge and frost a million sugar cookies.

6. What is your favorite five[5] Christmas songs/hymns? I could not possibly choose as I like them all . . . especially when Andy Williams, John Denver or Pat Boone sing them.

7. Is there a new tradition for Christmas since your childhood days? My tradition is to always gift a book -- plus the other present I give to everyone I buy for at Christmas time.

8. Describe one of your Christmas trips. [whether it's across town or across country. The only time I spent Christmas away from home while growing up and while an adult was a few years ago when son and wife and kids invited me for 2 and half days to come to their hoem for Christmas to celebrate. I traveled to Tacoma on the train and they picked me up there. Always before, they said Christmas Eve was their own immediate family's to celebrate and develop customs and they always went to the in-laws for Christmas. I was always left out except that one year.

9. Do you have a special Christmas outfit to wear for the day? I bought a black sweater with beatiful bells and poinsettias made of beads down the front on both sides.--

10. Have YOU or any of your family members sat on Santa's lap? I never have. I never had my kids photo with santa either. I believe in Santa like Virgiia O' Hanolan and the answer she got in the Sun.

11. What is/or will be on your Christmas tree this year? My tree reaches the ceiling and has 5 strings of mini colored lights. The rest is all handmade or unique ornaments, all different. I keep my tree up all year long so I can enjoy my ornaments. I only light the tree each night for two weeks before Christmas and briefly when a friend stops by so they can see it. I stop turning the lights on at Epiphany.


12. Do you/or have you decorated your yard for Christmas? I have lived in many places/states and never decorated the outside of the house. I live in an apartment now but if I had my own home, I would get one of those huge snow globes with a big snowman inside. I would get big lighted candy canes and line the sidewalk or driveway with them. I would have a manger scene on the lawn with a star of Bethlehem on the roof.

5 comments:

Patricia said...

Hi Paulie! Sorry it has been so long since I've stopped by. November has been very busy - and I don't expect December to slow down, either! What an interesting Christmas Meme - and interesting answers from you. You are the first person I have ever known to keep their tree up year round. Must not be a real tree, eh? Lovely sky photos. Hope your weekend is perfectly delightful, dear friend.

dot said...

I'm not a Christmas person and I would hate that tree up all year. lol. Yours is pretty tho and everyone is different. Enjoyed all your sky pictures! will catch up on the mail later.

Jenny McB said...

Hi!

What a nice Meme, I might just borrow it.

That's sad about your son, it's their loss.

How different that you keep your tree up all year, but I can see your point, particularly since you enjoy your ornaments. I am dreading the tree this year since the kittens are so young.
Have a good weekend!

Love Bears All Things said...

I love your answers to the meme. And your tree is beautiful. Where is it located in your apartment?

If I had your addy, I would send you something.

Susan Demeter said...

These are beautiful sky photos! Thank you for sharing them. :)

Your tree has put me in a mind to start getting our own Christmas tree up.