Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Christmas Ships Part 1

I went down to the Columbia River tonight to see the Christmas ships. Of course I took my camera with me! The original Christmas ships parade began with just one ship. They parade up and down the Columbia River between I-5 and I-205 bridges and also on the Willammette River a couple nights. It is a beautiful sight to see and people await their parade every year, hoping it is not going to rain. Had a beautiful, but cold night tonight for viewing them.

The first group of them I will try to post here and add more as I can.




3 comments:

Kerri Farley said...

That sounds like so much fun!! Your shots came out very nice. I can never get my "night" shots to come out very well.

Jenny McB said...

These shots are great, how do you do it at night and have such steady shots?

I did get your message on the TT13! Thank you for stopping by. Don't know how much blogging I will get done this week, I have one more scarf to finish and then two quick hats, plus some wrapping, But I will try to do a little bit of blogging.

Lynette said...

Thank you for looking at my blog. Your photos are very good. I saw all of these same ships on the night of Dec. 12. I think I have photos of each of them on my post about my birthday, but not probably not in the same order.