Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Walking to the bus stop in Uptown . . .

I saw this in a window and just had to take a photo. I know it isn't the best photo since the glass reflects everything in the photo BUT there was no other way to get a picture of this. I thought it was awfully cute for a Halloween display window. . .



This is a close-up of the head and shoulders. Looks like a garbage bag stuffed. . .


The legs are in a close-up here. They are made of wire with grasses stuffed along them from inside the boots.


It just struck me as cute. . . I hope someone else enjoys it too ir-regardless of the bad photo through the plate glass window.

3 comments:

Blue Panther said...

Hey!

Welcome to BYB Sunday!

Have added you to the blogroll and am looking forward to read your blog in the future.

SandyCarlson said...

I like it, and I think the reflections add to the magic of it. That's what it's like when there is a shine on glass and you try to make sense of the mystery on the other side, and the mystery is really wonderful here!

I see you're on Blog Your Blessings now. I'll be back Sunday to read your post. Looking forward to it!

Love Bears All Things said...

I like the scarecrow. I wanted to make one and one year I saved grocery bags to stuff it with but never did make one. I have a bought one out front.
Thanks for the poem. I don't know why I didn't think to look it up, I've looked up other ones.
I have been wondering, can you see Mt. Hood from your house? The only time I have been to Washington was on business with my husband. We went to Seattle. We walked everywhere as we didn't rent a car. I remember seeing a mountain from the plane, peeking above the clouds but I thought that was Ranier.
Mama Bear