Wednesday, March 21, 2007

It isn't easy giving up something you like. . .

I am addicted to Pepsi. . . well, if Cream Soda didn't cost more, I would be addicted to it instead. I like a cold drink year round. Oh, yes, I like a cup of hot tea or cocoa but it isn't convenient like a bottle of soda from the cold refrigerator! I would drink water but I don't like the taste of it from my faucet. . .

A few years back, I had bottled water delivered to my home and it was reasonably priced. Then I moved and it wasn't convenient to order it any longer so I stopped. Then, I got a duplex where I could have it delivered and checked into getting it again. The price had really gone up! I couldn't believe it. My neighbor who had been getting it (from my previous company) for a few years was still paying the price I used to. I found out I was now considered a new customer because I had stopped it for awhile and I would have to pay new customer prices!!!!!! I refuse to have to pay an increase when some are still getting it as the previous price. So that left out that option.

I looked and looked at Walmart tonight and decided on Crystal Light rasberry lemonade. . . it has a good flavor. I bought the packets so I could carry it with me and make some in a bottle for my hikes. We will see. . .

I also bought some pistachios. . . there is a notation on the container. . . "heart healthy" and good fiber. hehehehehehe

Maybe I can make it after all with Crystal Light . . . and pistachios!

No comments: