Saturday, November 17, 2007

Blog Your Blessings Sunday #6



Go here if you would like to participate: Blue Panther

CLICK on photo to see the details to understand my connection to my blessing for this week. (My focus is the web and not the rocks.)

With our national holiday of Thanksgiving coming this week, I decided to focus especially on one thing that is a blessing in my life to be thankful for at this time.


Unlike this messy spider web that reminds me of chaos, God gives me order in my life. He set the example for us to strive for when he created the world with order. He focused on certain things each day to create although He could have done it all on "one day" because He is God. "AND He saw that it was good." (Genesis 2: 1- 31)

I know as surely as the sun rose this morning, it will set tonight. I know that today is Sunday and the day after will always be Monday. I know if I try hard, I will succeed. I know that a blossom will turn into a flower. I know I can ask and God will answer my prayers in His way and in His time. Chaos comes when I don't put my trust in God Who is the originator of order. With His help, I can strive towards order in my life. WHAT A BLESSING!

Whether you live in America and celebrate this holiday or not, I wish each of you a Happy Thanksgiving in your heart! We can all have something to be thankful for and the gift of order is just one of them.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

A very happy thanksgiving to you and yours.

Happy BYB Sunday - from a chaos person!

SandyCarlson said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you, too, Paulie! Beautiful post! The rhythms of Creation certainly are peaceful. And strong enough to tolerate the little riffs that come our way. Evey they become beautiful. Perhaps each life is like a jazz creation!

God bless you.

Happy BYB Sunday.

Blue Panther said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

Hope you have a great week ahead!

mrsnesbitt said...

Happt thanksgiving from far away and a Happy BYB Sunday too, a double blessing you might say!

kuanyin333 said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you! Amen to order in our lives....what a blessing! Happy BYB Sunday!

Susan Demeter said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you Paulie! We celebrated ours last month. And yes order is an oasis in the storm ... :) I hope you have a goodly week ahead! :)

DoubleDeckerBusGuy said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Paulie! (...and I'll avoid going into the whole "order in chaos" theory of quantum mechanics...) :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful thoughts. Would that the world retains the order it was given.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

Love Bears All Things said...

A very good post!
Mama Bear