Sunday, November 11, 2007

Blog Your Blessing #5



Go here if you would like to participate: Blue Panther

I don't know what possessed me to take a photo of this clock in the downtown area where I live but I have a feeling I thought I would use it someday to post about my blessings.

That day/time has arrived. Last week I spent using my time and talents for my church and this week, I devoted the time
to myself and my apartment and had time for others too.

I started the week with time to worship my creator.

I took the time to rest frequently.

I used some time to get more settled in my new apartment.

I had time to work on my hairpinlace crochet projects for the VA and finished two neckscarves and got the 12 hairpinlace strips made for two cape shawls and started on a toddler afghan..

I spent time doing necessary things like grocery shopping, laundry, house cleaning.

I gave myself time to take photos.

I saved time to go for several walks, including one long one.

I enjoyed the time I spent listening to a singer and a violinist that entertained for our building for a 95 year old lady.

I had time to gaze at the Autumn beauty God has provided for me through my 8th floor picture window .

I organized activities for our ladies group and got all the information on the bulletin board in plenty of time.


To everything there is a season,
and a time to every purpose under heaven:
A time to be born and a time to die;
a time to plant and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
A timeto kill and a time to heal;
a time to break down and a time to build up;
A time to weep and a time to laugh;
a time to mourn and a time to dance;
A time to cast away stones and a time to gather stones together;
a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing;
A time to get and a time to lose;
a time to keep and a time to cast away;
A time to rend and a time to sow;
a time to keep silence and a time to speak;
A time to love and a time to hate;
a time of war and a time of peace.
(Ecclesiastes 3:1-8)


Time has really been my blessing this week. I pray that I can always use it wisely.

"Lost, yesterday, somewhere between sunrise and sunset, two golden hours, each set with sixty diamond minutes. No reward is offered, for they are gone forever."
(Horace Mann)

8 comments:

SandyCarlson said...

This is a wonderful post. It reminds me of my need to celebrate the great gift of time by using it well. Thanks for including the words of Ecclesiastes, too.

Happy BYB Sunday.

Anonymous said...

Great picture ......... and a great blessing. I love that piece from Ecclesiastes.

Happy BYB SUnday

DoubleDeckerBusGuy said...

Excellent post! Time can be a blessing or a curse... but it truly is all in how you use it!

Love Bears All Things said...

Great post, Paulie! Thank you for your prayers. I arrived safely and had a very pleasant trip.
Mama Bear

Garden Gnome said...

Time, what a true blessing and you used it wisely. Excellent post!

Happy BYB Sunday

Zizzi Molde said...

Thank you for commenting on my blog. Nice pictures you`re showing. Hope to see you again, I`ll be back with you!

Blue Panther said...

Great post!

Garden Angel said...

Thanks for the visit on my blog!
You have many wonderful photos here:)
I`ll come back.
Have a nice afternoon:)