Saturday, June 09, 2007

Granddaughter getting married in one week

My Granddaughter is getting married next Saturday afternoon. I am so excited to be going to a wedding again. The last one I attended was when her Dad, my son, married her Mom. I guess I don't get too many wedding invites, huh?

This has been a big year for Amanda. She graduated from college in May. Got her first teaching position as a Lutheran School teacher the same month. She will teach in Roseburg, Oregon, about two hours from me. She has 16 kids in a 3rd, 4th and 5th grade class. I gave her all my math manipulatives, 6 big boxes of craft and seasonal books and all my upper elementary resource and literature book sets.

I am so happy for her. I'm glad I was around to come to her wedding. Her sister is her maid of honor and she has a bunch of cousins who are going to be bridesmaids too. Her Mom came from a family of 7 girls. One of her uncles is going to marry her since he is a Lutheran Pastor, residing in Hawaii. No, the wedding is here in Washington. . . but they are going on a cruise for their honeymoon.

That reminds me. . . I have to get busy and stamp her wedding card to go with my gift. I have been too busy lately -- moving and taking photos on my walks since I don't live close to a bus stop anymore. Here is one of the flowers I photographed this week:

No comments: