Tuesday, April 22, 2008

"Save the Tulips" . . .


There is a new church being built near my 50 year old Lutheran church and where I catch the bus. The old landscape is being re-done and they have pulled out everything but these gorgeous tulips. They add a bit of beauty to the construction presently. I suppose they figure they will be finished blooming shortly and then they can replant in a new flower bed. . .

Just a side note. . . The church there was using an old building that used to be a very old 2 story school. They have been there for at least 20 years. They are called Evergreen Bible Church and I saw only one lonely Evergreen tree and nothing else but grass that was green on the property. I suppose when the school was built, they were out in the country with lots of Evergreen trees? I don't know since I moved here 22 years ago when there were no more trees and the building was not a church. They are also not located on Evergreen Avenue which is a parallel street about a mile south. The neat thing is their new church building is now painted a light green! Ü

7 comments:

Love Bears All Things said...

Maybe they will let you take the bulbs once they finish blooming and you can transplant them somewhere else until the construction is finished.
Mama Bear

Katney said...

Way cool that they left them to finish their cycle. The bulbs will transplant nicely once the flowers are spent.

Lilli & Nevada said...

Those are beautiful

Chloe said...

I didn't know you lived in Hawaii!

And I think those are parrot tulips.
If the construction guys are anything like the construction guys here, you could rescue those bulbs out of the trash heap, let them dry out, then chill in your fridge and force them to bloom next winter.

Paulie said...

NOTICE:

The construction is NOT at my church but by a bus stop NEAR my church and on the Evergreen Church grounds where they are building a new church which will go on my blog tomorrow under the GREEN meme. . .

THEY already "saved" the tulips by not destroying them like they did the other plants and shrubs planted all along there.

They are not mine to take. They belong to THAT church.

I just thought it was beautiful to see them amongst the digging on the grounds of their new church.

Chloe said...

Well, if they end up in the trash heap, they are headed for the land fill.

Perhaps someone at the Evergreen Church will check on them before they are scooped up or paved over.

Paulie said...

That's not a trash heap they're in -- it is a hill up from the sidewalk. I think they saved them already as everything else is cleared away that wasn't blooming.