Tuesday, January 01, 2008

and the snowy mountains. . .

I wasn't completely truthful when I talked about the fog here yesterday. It was mostly in my part of town but . . . In the eastern part of the city, it actually had sunny and blue skies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I stood on Andresen Hill and took this photo of Mt. St Helens.(Click on photos to see them larger.)


Walking down the hill I looked to my right and could see part of the Cascade Mountain Range. . . and it has snow too!

I didn't get a chance to get a photo of Mt. Hood in Oregon today because it was all fogged in here. . . maybe soon. It has had new snow since November.

Happy New Year!

7 comments:

Rune Eide said...

Beautiful - I have seen the mountain from above, but not from the ground.

RE your comments on the tunnel: If you go back to the post, you'll find that I have added some explanation as a comment.

Happy New Year!

dot said...

Beautiful snowy mountains to start the new year. Good choice! Sounds like you really get out and about. Happy New Year!

Love Bears All Things said...

Happy New Year, Paulie
I love the photos of the mountains in the distance.
Mama Bear

Anonymous said...

Paulie, I love the snowy mountains. I hope that you have a very blessed 2008. Cat(from T-Net)

Katney said...

Paulie, that is the kind of view of Rainier adn Adams that I had yesterday.

Debbie365 said...

How awesome! I LOVE the snow...mostly because I don't live in it all the time, I suppose. We are going on a ski trip in a couple of weeks in West Virginia. I'm praying for some nice powder!

SandyCarlson said...

These are stunning.