Monday, January 01, 2007

A new year. . . what will it bring me?

Well, 2005 is gone forever except in memories. Another birthday is just around the corner. I wonder if I will make it. . . I don't have anything against aging but my body does lately.

Until this Fall, I felt like a 20 year old being able to do so many things. Just two years ago I walked the Portland Marathon and finished. I love walking on all our trails we have here in Vancouver. I can't remember the last time I got really sick but at least I knew what it was and it had an ending to "look forward to." Now, after 10,000 dollars of tests and emergency room bills, no one knows what my problem is. I have taken more meds the past three months than my entire life. My body feels like a drug store. Maybe this is my last year on earth.

While I am looking forward to getting to heaven, I was also looking forward to being able to enjoy some more time here in this earthly home. . . preferably with some snow. Are you listening, God?

I wonder if there will be snow in heaven? WOW! That is an awesome thought! I could go around and shovel everyone's sidewalks and never run out! I could make snowmen to my heart's content. I could build an igloo out of real snow not just milk jugs. Wow! Just the thought of all the photos I will be able to take. Hmmmmmmmm, of course it will be with a brand new Olympus camera because I can't take the old one with me! Ü

Heaven is sounding better and better. . . a new life, a new home and a new body PLUS a new digital camera and daily snow.

Wake up, Paulie --it's just a dream.

No comments: