Saturday, December 23, 2006

Double Duty Dustpans



The poem that follows is on the tag attached to my special cookies I made as Christmas gifts for my Pastor and his wife and the Bell Choir director this year. I heard about this idea on the internet and it was unique and perfect for gift giving. I hope they enjoy it as much as I did thinking about giving it.


While baking you some cookies,
there was knocking at the door.
As I jumped up to answer it,
the pan fell to the floor.

I stood among the cookie crumbs
and wondered what to do.
The day was late, the time was short,
I had no gift for you.

I bent and swept the cookies up
into a small dustpan.
A friend like you, I told myself,
would surely understand.

The gifts that matter most in life
are those the heart does send.
With that in mind, I give to you
these cookies from a friend.

No comments: